Arena of the Gods - v1.2
A downloadable game for Windows
/// Please note that this game is a work in progress and does not represent the final version of the game. ///
Vote for us on Steam Greenlight!
After dying what his gods deemed to be a dishonorable death, a knight must fight through countless waves of demons to amass glory, escape purgatory and earn his way into heaven! Do you have what it takes to earn the salvation of your soul?
Slay demons, gain glory, and save your soul in this difficult, action packed, top down, hack n' slash! Every time you challenge the arena, you receive a random weapon that you've unlocked so far. Defeat enemies to earn glory, and purchase new weapons, each with their own unique abilities, playstyles, and movesets!
- Weekly Updates! New weapons, enemies, arenas, and features every Wednesday!
- HUGE arsenal of weapons to unlock, each one having different and unique abilities! (Not all of them are helpful though!)
- Difficult, but rewarding gameplay. Easy to learn, difficult to master.
- 50 grueling waves of gear craving, demon slaying, action packed gameplay.
- Open development! We as a team guarantee that we will be very vocal about upcoming features, bug fixing, suggestions, and answering various questions about development as a whole.
Specific Goals: (In order of importance)
- More Waves
- More Enemies
- More weapons
- Glory Accumulation/Shop System(Glory is earned from defeating enemies and is used as EXP and Currency for unlocking items in the shop.)
- Loading/Saving System
- Stage Hazards
- Options Menu
- Improved Optimization
- Various Sound Improvements
- Various UI Improvements
- Various Graphical Improvements
To tell you a little more about us, I'm our artist, David Henry. (21) Almost everything visual from models to UI is made by me and I see myself as the creative heart of our duo. Throughout my life I've always had an intense passion for gaming and the second I loaded up Final Fantasy XII for the first time in my PS2 all those years ago I knew that video games are what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
After growing over the years and teaching myself to model, I met the brilliant coder of our team, Marquis Madden (21) in my junior year science class. We hit it off immediately and he became the backbone of this duo as well as one of my closest friends. He grew up playing Halo on his Xbox and always wanted to create compelling and immersive experiences and by teaching himself to code, we became 2 halves of a whole!
We call that whole, Craptop Studios. Nice to meet you!
- 5/17/2017 - Arena of the Gods v1.0 is now available!
- 5/24/2017 - Arena of the Gods v1.1 Update has been released! Read the changes here.
- 5/31/2017 - Arena of the Gods Update v1.2 - Audio bling and simpler things!
- Let the funky jams flow through you...
Alright so while the old ingame music was hyped up and good for a fast paced game, the electronic sounds didn't really match the game's setting or subject matter very well so we changed it out for some better fitting, more Renaissance-y (Yes I just made that word up) background music that fit's the game's theme a lot better.
- Frozen in fear!
Before this update, rolling would make the character dodge incoming attacks for a brief moment as well as move him a short distance, but after the roll he would be essentially defenseless for a short moment for apparently no reason. This definitely was NOT working as intended, so these changes should fix that!
- And now for my next trick, I'm gonna make your health bar... DISAPPEAR!
The orbs that drop from enemies and bestow positive or negative effects are meant to reward the player for defeating enemies, and punish the player for not paying attention by dropping things like health and damage orbs. The problem is that sometimes touching one, would one kit kill you or completely heal you sometimes without warning. This has been fixed so now the punishment is less severe, and the rewards aren't disproportionate to the difficulty of the game.
- Take your time, Take your time, I GOT ALL DAY!
We all had that moment at least once where you'd kill an enemy who then dropped WHAT LOOKED LIKE a slow, and then out of nowhere it turns into a damage pickup and kills you. That's a thing of the past now. All orbs now properly match their effects upon spawning so that you don't have to wait a million years to figure out if an orb will kill you or not.
That's all for now! Have fun, and I'll see you in our next update!
Vote for us on Steam Greenlight!
Want to donate monthly instead? Here's our Patreon page!
|Published||64 days ago|
|Tags||3D, Beat 'em up, Bullet Hell, Difficult, Fantasy, Hack and Slash, Medieval, Top-Down, unreal-engine|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: